CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I Can't Breathe

*** for those who read this, I'm giving you a heads up-- this is gonna be a sad one***

I'm falling apart, I'm barely breathing,
A broken heart, That's still beating......

Exactly one year ago today, I headed to my RE, thrilled to pieces for my 1st U/S
to hear a heartbeat of the little one I was carrying inside me. C. and I nervously
waited for the Dr. and the U/S tech to come in. As soon as the U/S started, I knew
something was wrong. That was the day I found out I was going to M/C. Our angel
had stopped growing and was not in the right place.

I laid on that exam table begging God to please not do this. To please not take my
baby away. All my begging and pleading with Him did no good, as I went home and M/C'd the next day. (the Anniversary of the day I m/c'd is Thanksgiving Day this year).

A year ago, I felt so angry and sad, but mostly just numb. I cried for 5 days straight, wouldn't talk to a single person, except my mother and C. I didn't sleep for days. I wanted to crawl in a hole and die.

I managed to make it through all the milestone and anniversary dates (my EDD, the anniversary of the day we got our BFP) and survived and thought (well mostly hoped) that I'd get to this day and somehow be okay.

I am not okay.
I can't breathe.

It started on Sunday while shopping with my mother. Walking down a Christmas aisle in Joann's. I started to have a mini panic attack, started to get dizzy, felt like I couldn't breath. I almost started to cry and had to walk away from my mother, as I was embarrassed that I am still such a wreck a year later. I got a grip and my mom didn't catch on, Thank goodness.

I worked on Monday, and the entire day I just felt like I was being suffocated by the gloom and doom of what the next few days would hold. I had to keep biting my lip to not start crying in front of my patients. A co-worker asked if I was okay, all I could do was shake my head no, I started getting teary-eyed, and had to quickly change the subject while I fought off tears.

I managed to survive yesterday a little better. However, today, I am much worse off than the past two days. I stood in my kitchen 30 mins ago, cutting up bread to make homemade stuffing for tomorrow, I started sobbing. I flashed back to last year, when I was PREGNANT and cooking T-giving dinner for 12 people. I was so exhausted, yet thrilled to be doing it, knowing that on T-giving day, we'd all be expressing our thanks for the little gift that was growing inside me.

Now, here I am, one year later, with nothing more than I had a year ago and an empty broken heart and empty arms to add to it. I thought I'd be better by now, that I'd atleast have healed somehow.

I don't think I have. I think all I've learned to do is mask my pain, and to hide the pain from others.

I thought I was stronger than this. Apparently I am not. I am not strong at all, and I'm feeling pretty disappointed in myself for that. I've never let anything beat me, I've always fought back, always determined to come out on top.

THIS is beating me.

For those of you who read this, I apologize for the sadness of my blog, its really the only place I really allow myself to let it all out. I can't find it in me to lay it all out over and over again with C. Its not fair to him to have to hear me go on and on about it. I know he is sad too and is suffering, however he doesn't really talk to me much about it. I think he doesn't talk to me about it, as he is afraid it will make me even more sad than I already am. (I don't think thats possible though).

I think the time has come to talk to someone. Someone who can help me to either learn how to move past this pain, or atleast find ways to cope with it instead of masking it. All I know is its' beating me.

I feel like someone has their hands around my diaphragm and they keep squeezing it tighter and tighter until I feel like I can't even get a breath of air in me.

I think my inner pain is suffocating me.

I don't know much anymore. What I do know, is that I should have a 4 month old baby right now, who should be celebrating its first T-giving with C and I. I should be getting "My first Christmas" pictures taken of my baby to send in Christmas cards to all our family this year.

Instead I sit here, crying my heart out, wishing for what was, and what should be.

Wishing for something I may never have.

3 comments:

Busted said...

Don't apologize for being sad. This is you blog, and if sadness is what you feel, that's what you should express. I'm so sorry for this painful time.

Never forgetting Gregory said...

I'm so sorry. This pain is unfair and so real. This is your blog, do not edit your pain for the sake of others...I am guilty of trying to do that as well. I'm sorry that you do not have your precious baby in you arms. Personally I don't think crying about it now means you are weak, it means you are a grieving mother. The pain of infertility and losing a child are the worst types of suffering. My thoughts are with you.

Jessica White said...

((*hugs*))