CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The Start of a New Journey

So, its been about a week since I last posted a blog, I guess I needed time to process all of our last failed cycle. Truth be told I'm still processing it. And I'm still questioning and 2nd guessing my choice to take a break. I know that mentally, we both really needed to take this break, it was just becoming such an ovewhelming burden to both of us, that we were petrified of it ruining our wonderful marriage, and that of course is the last thing either of us want. I couldn't live without him, nor him without me.....I mostly question our break because of the fact that I'm pretty positive this last cycle ended as a Chemical Pregnancy--- so I wonder if we had gone ahead with this month's cycle that it would have been the sucessful one since we most likely did have fertilization just not implantation with this one....... I hope we didn't ruin our progress by taking a break......... as always, all my thoughts seem to be consumed by I hopes, I wish, and I'm scared's.

So, we joined a gym last week, one that is close to where we live, so we don't have the excuse that we don't feel like driving there etc...... we also both started back on our low carb diet as of yesterday (Monday) so together we are headed on a new journey, for now anyways.......... a journey back to feeling better about ourselves and a journey to better health as well. (it will be benificial for me having PCOS and beneficial for C. since he has diabetes). We were both very sucessful doing low carb in the past, last time we did it I lost about 25 pounds, and have only put about 8 of it back on since we stopped (incidently we stopped it after I got PG, then went back on it after the New year and then stopped again a few months ago).

We met with a trainer tonight, to go over diet and exercise plans. Of course that involves the ever so embarrassing mounting of the scale, and the even better body fat analysis......... which have been kept top secret from C. because even I have limits to what I will share with him (its really probably the only thing I won't/don't share with him!!).

I'm also dealing with mounting pressure and nerves as I approach what would have been my EDD (Sunday 7/13). As much as I've tried to stay away, I have still been lurking on the SAIF board, and all the girls that were due right around the same time as me are now giving birth...... its like a stab in the heart.......

July has kinda sucked for me for quite a few years now, and this just adds to the craptasticness of it....... my dad passed away in July (of 2004, 1 week after his 48th Birthday......yes you read that right, he was only 48...I was only 22 when he died), so every July I cry on his birthday because I miss him so much still, and then I cry my heart out a week later on the anniversary of his passing.....) So, add to it, the fact that I should be holding my baby right now, or atleast preparing to sucks ASS..........

Anyhow-- this post was supposed to be on a more postive note, but has managed its way back to what I hurt about most, IF and PG loss...... I guess you write about what you know best don't you???

Hopefully my next few posts will start to become a little more positive, and as I start making great progress on my fitness/wt loss Journey I'll update it here.

Thanks to those who still check in here, and for your comments...... I haven't been the best at emails to friends or family lately, but I appreciated everyone's support and will try to do better this week. (and btw, I do still check in on all your blogs, even if I haven't been commenting!)

Big love to all.....

2 comments:

Ariella said...

Your pain just jumps out of the screen and all I want to do is make it all better for you. I don't know what you are going through but my heart goes out to you. (((((((HUG))))))))

- said...

As a certified fitness coach I have seen many couples get pregnant after consistent dedication to a fitness plan. People were joking about, "What is in the water here?" May God bless your health as you move forward with your fitness plan!
- Greg at Faith First Fitness