CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Made it Through The Day.....

Well...
its Christmas Day... (well its almost over actually). C. and I spent a nice Christmas Day together today. We both slept in a little (well only til 8:45 am, but that is sleeping late for me. We got up, walked the dogs and then opened Christmas gifts. I told myself that I was going to do my best not to cry today. (every Christmas past, I usually have a crying session because I really miss my dad and more recently missing our little Baby G. that is in heaven.) Well, I was doing well on my non-crying mission, until I opened my "biggie" gift from C. He got me a new wedding band !! (My original wedding band (the one that was blessed by the priest when we got married) has diamonds in it, and working in healthcare, I'm constantly using hand sanitizer that is loaded with alcohol and it has started to make the gold get a little funky, so I stopped wearing it so it wouldn't get ruined. My new wedding band is plain and simple, and I adore it. This of course, brings me to the "tears" part. After I opened it, C. said, did you look inside? Its engraved. Inside is engraved with a sweet saying that C. has always put in every card he has ever given me. So of course, I read it, and burst into tears, which of course then made C. start crying because I was crying. C. also got me a beautiful new necklace that has a pendant on it. One side has a beautiful cross, and on the other it says "Faith". It too is lovely and I adore it. I am spoiled by C. and I hope he is as happy with his gifts as I am with mine.

I got a grip after that bout, and was doing dishes in the kitchen and it really started to sink in that 2008 should have been our childs' first Christmas-- our baby should be 5 months old right now and not too far from crawling. Instead we sit with empty arms and aching hearts. So then while cleaning off my desk, I found a little teddy bear ornament I had bought a few days ago for our Christmas tree. (I wanted to do it last year, but couldn't bring myself to do it, as the pain was simply to raw as I had just m/c'd a few weeks before). So, I wrote a special message on the teddy bear ornament and then shared it with C. before hanging it on the tree. It says: "In our Lives for only a short while, but in our Hearts forever" and on the back, it says "Baby G." and "2007" for when baby G was conceived.) I showed it to C. and I started to cry ....AGAIN.... and then he started to cry as well, knowing what this little teddy bear ornament represents. We hugged it out, and finally got a grip, and then came into the living room and picked a special spot on our tree to hand the ornament.

The rest of the morning was quiet, and then in the afternoon, my mom and her bf came for dinner. Nice and low key and enjoyable. So, all in all it was an enjoyable day aside from the few emotional jags we had earlier in the day.

I'm anxious to leave 2008 behind as it was a pretty rough year in many many ways, and I'm hoping and praying that 2009 is going to be a much better one!

To anyone that reads this, I hope and pray that you have/had a very Merry Christmas and I wish each of you the best for a Great 2009!

2 comments:

Never forgetting Gregory said...

Christmas is so rough without children to share it with. I'm glad C. treats you so well and that you have each other on these tough occasions. I hope 2009 brings you tons of happiness.

Jessica White said...

Here's to lots of happiness in 2009: That's awesome that C thinks so much about you and treats you so well.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!