CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 10, 2008

New Cycle, New Start, New Outlook!

So, just a suspected, last month was a TOTAL BUST!! Blah blah blah. I didn't cry, I wasn't surprised, I wasn't even disappointed as I had totally prepared myself for the fact that my Feb cycle was a total bust. I was right.

So I called my RE's office on CD 1, telling the office that I wanted to talk to my RE before starting meds for March, that I had some questions I wanted answered. I got the run around from the scheduler who answered the phone, and she then puts me on the phone with the Sonographer, the one who was rough and PISSED ME OFF last cycle with her comment and her blatent display of uncaringness.......a blantent "I don't give a shit attitude!". I called the office on Tuesday, and the jerk girl tells me, your Dr. is going to be at the office you will be at for your CD2 U/S, however he's completely booked and doesn't have an opening for you to have a consult. You'd have to wait until CD4 to see him at your normal office. I calmly explain to her, that in the past when I've taken clomid starting day 4 or later, it hasn't worked, and I need to speak with my Dr. She still continues to fight me and tells me to come for the U/S and then I'll have to decide whether I want to continue with the cycle. I again tell her I have questions for my Dr. first, to which she says, "your Dr. won't be at your normal office until Friday, so..................." I finally lost my shit, and said "Look, I have been a patient of his for well over a year, I have questions re: upping my med dose your telling me waste a cycle because no one will talk to my Dr. until Friday. You meant to tell me that NO ONE will even speak with him between now and Friday, and that NO ONE can send a copy of my chart over to the other office where he'll be, for him to review and answer my questions about upping my meds?" I followed it up with, "ya know what, my insurance company pays my Dr. alot of money, as do I with OOP costs, and I certainly expect to be able to get anwers from my DR. when I need them, without having to delay another cycle!!" She finally conceeded and said she'd send my chart to the other office for my Dr.'s Review and that I'd have an answer the next day when I showed up for my U/S.

I went for my U/S the next day, and sure enough, my Dr. agreed with me and wanted to up my meds. I swear, when this is all said and done, I'll be the first one reaming that bitch a new ass for giving me such a hard time.

S0, now that I'm done ranting about that bullshit, we have upped my Clomid to 150 mg CD3-7, and I will go back for an earlier U/S (in the past on 100 mg it has been CD 15 for my U/S) but we will check it sooner, CD 12 or 13 incase the increase in meds makes my follies grow quicker (which hopefully it will,) and hopefully we'll have atleast one nice big fat follie (I'm hoping for like 20 or 21 mm) to trigger with.

So I've decided to be committed to this cycle, and be very optimistic. Somehow I want to find some renewed faith, and strengthen my belief that this will be our cycle. (Incidentally, this would be our last shot for a 2008 baby.......)

On a happier, positive note, DH and I have both been doing the low carb, no white sugar, no white flour thing for about a month now, and we've both lost like 15 pounds. Above that, I realized today that since June of 2007 I am actually down 28 pounds!!! That is soooo exciting and a move in the right direction for sure!

Okay-- will keep this up to date following my next U/S. If you happen to read this, and have a spare prayer to throw my way for a sucessful cycle it would be much appreciated!!

2 comments:

Ariella said...

Good for you for standing up for yourself! I am sorry the u/s tech was a bitch, I hope she isn't whoyou see this cycle. Let your DR know about how she treated you and her unwillingness to contact him. He needs to talk to her about it. I am glad you will get to move forward with this cycle as planned and at a higher dose of meds.

Christina said...

Good luck! I check your blog often and was hoping you hadn't given it up already! I'm glad you stuck to your guns and hopefully it will be a great cycle for you!