CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 26, 2008


Well, its been a few days since I posted. My husband and I are on a little getaway-- A MUCH needed and Well Deserved mini-vacation. We headed to the East Coast of FL to St. Augustine Beach. Our hotel is great, right on the ocean. The picture above is from this morning's sunrise. Walking on the beach and watching the sunrise is so soothing to the soul. I honestly can't think of a better way to start your day. Waves crashing in, the sun peaking through the horizon, pelicans coasting just above breaking waves, it just doesn't get any better.
This getaway has been exactly what Craig and I needed. Life just seems to get in the way of everything thats important (when I say important, I mean appreciating the one you love, getting back in touch with who you are as a couple). The minute we arrived on Easter Sunday, all my stresses and worries just seemed to melt away. This past weekend was our "fertile" window, and while we had a few issues again this month, I am and will try to remain hopeful. Once we got here, our "issues" went away. That just goes to show how much stress affects you.
We've done a ton of really fun things while we've been here. St. Augustine Lighthouse, which I climbed to the top of (Craig went about 1/3 of the way, and decided that was enough for him). i decided I wanted to complete the 219 spiral staircase climb. It was beautiful once I was up there, but can I just say-- it was horribly freezing!!!!!!! Of course, then you have to come back down.......ANOTHER 219 steps....ugh!!!! We went to Castillo de San Marcos, the Mission of Nombre de Dios, which was extreemly spiritual and moving for me. There was a little chapel on the grounds that dates to the 1600's, where you could light a candle and there were pews where you could sit and pray. If you've been reading any of my blog, you'll know I've been talking about struggling with my Faith for a while now. I walked into that chapel and was instantly moved......moved to tears. I sat and prayed. I prayed for alot of things and alot of people. I prayed for Craig and I to finally be blessed this month with a lasting PG, I prayed for healing for my aunt who has been ailing with several forms of Cancer and keeps on fighting. I prayed for God to help guide me back to finding my faith ....the faith I've lost along the way. My husband was with me, he knew how moved I was, and somehow knew not to say anything or ask any questions, he simply sat quietly next to me. Sometimes its the littlest things that simply speak volumes. After we left there, we headed to the Fountain of Youth, where of course, we couldn't leave without drinking from the Fountain of Youth. We weren't completely sold on drinking from it, but figured we'd regret it if we passed on the opportunity. So, we sipped.... and I have only four words to describe that water--- ROTTEN EGG ASS WATER. Blech!!! But, we did it!
The weather hasn't been the warmest, however we've kept on truckin' and enjoyed alot of sights and learned some history while we've been here.
The picture at the top of my blog was taken this morning out on the beach (did I mention our hotel is right on the beach?). Today, we'll be heading out for some breakfast shortly, and then today will be our Chill Out Day, relaxing on the beach and/or by the pool. We may head back into downtown St. Augustine later today to walk down St. George street to walk through some shops and then have a nice dinner somewhere!
Tomorrow, we'll spend part of the day here, and then we'll begin our journey back to reality.
Upon our return however, we will enjoy the rediscovered love and strength we have in our relationship.
For anyone struggling with IF, if it's in your budget, I highly suggest getting away for a few days. Let your cares and worries go, if only for a couple days. It will do your soul well.

1 comments:

Jessica White said...

It sounds like you guys had a wonderful few days away: You needed it.

I to have struggled with my faith at different times, while dealing with IF. Sometimes my faith is strong, and other times the smallest thing can shatter it and I feel lost and angry again.

I guess the important thing is knowing that we can be angry at God, but that we come back to Him.

Nestie: WhiteysWifey