CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 13, 2008

SUCCESS Is An Awesome Motivator!!!




My day started bright and early today with the prospect of fitting alot into the day. I woke early, got ready to go to the gym and was there by about 8:15am. I wish my job hours allowe me to hit the gym early every morning however, when you have to be at work at 5:15am, it really doesn't allow for anything beforehand. I have a ton of energy and a great sense of accomplishment throughout my day when I can look at the clock at 9:45 am and know that I've spent a great morning getting healthy and relieving any stress I might have.

Anyhow, I've been making some really great strides at the gym. When I think back to how I felt about myself 2 months ago (and how I looked to myself) when we joined the gym and then I look at where I am now, I can honestly say I am really proud of what I have accomplished so far and how much progress I have made! I started out huffin' and puffin' on the treadmill for 20 mins and moaning and groaning to myself the entire time, forcing myself to keep walking for "just two more minutes". The first week I started back working out, I "tried" the eliptical machine, thinking "It can't be THAT bad!!". Well, I found humiliation and became quite humbled quite quickly when I managed to barely hang in there for two minutes and thought I would face certain death after gettting off of it. Needless to say, I didn't go back near that eliptical machine for the past two months.........that was until earlier this week....... I decided it was time to face the BEAST and get back on and see if I could atleast manage 5 minutes after two months of lots and lots of cardio on the treadmill.

I hopped on, pressed play on the ipod, and not only did I make it 5 minutes, but soared right through 10 minutes!!!!!! (of course a tad bid of that was compliments of my AMP sugar free energy drink, but I'll take all the help anywhere I can get it!!) I was so proud of myself for pushing through that I then made my way over to the treadmill for another hour of intense high incline walking and felt like a million bucks afterwards!!

Man, what a difference 2 months of hard work and alot of perserverence can do for you!!!
(I'm a little proud of myself, so excuse the endless babble about it!!)

All totaled, I've lost about 10 pounds in the past two months, and I'm sure changed ALOT of ahem........F.A.T. into Muscle. I've lost about 3 inches in my waist, and about 3 in my hips. I can see a big difference in my legs, but especially my tummy!!!!! (I'm very interested to see how much my BMI has dropped, but it was kinda horrifying to see those numbers two months ago, and I'm pretty much petrified to do the test again in fears that it really hasn't dropped as much as I think it has, but I'm probably just being paranoid right?)

Anyhow, up until today, I've continued to doubt my progress even though I can see changes in how I look in the mirror and how my clothes are quite a bit looser now. After shopping today, I'm a true believer that I'm actually making PROGRESS!!!!!

After the gym, my mom and I set out to go dress shopping for my brothers upcoming wedding which is just about 1 month away in upstate NY. I tried on a pretty dress in JC Penney in my normal size and it just didn't fit right. The top was just too baggy, and it didn't sit right, so we decided to move on to another store. We heading into Dillards to shop as we've had good luck there before. I found about 5 dresses to try on, and headed into the dressing room with the first one. I put it on, zipped it up, and liked it. I came out of the dressing room, and was looking in the big mirror. My mom and I both liked it on me, but it still just didn't fit right...... too loose on top and a bit too flowy at the waistline. We decided maybe I should try a size down to see if it fit better, so I shuffled over to the rack to look for a smaller size. Of course there wasn't one size down, but there was two sizes down.............. I brought it back to the dressing room FULL of doubt, sure it wouldn't fit, or I wouldn't be able to zip it, or that I'd bulge out of it somewhere.

Well imagine the SHEER JOY I felt when it fit like a glove!!!!!!!!!!

I'VE SHRANK TWO DRESS SIZES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so elated, I almost cried. Thank God for progress.

There's no better motivator as far as I'm concerned than that!! Now I definately have something to keep working hard at when I'm at the gym. Everytime I want to step off that treadmill, I'll think about all the progress I've made in the past two months, and where I'll be two months from now, and will keep on truckin'!!

So, thats my feel good blog for the week. I'm really proud of myself and it feels good to say that! It feels good to feel good about something in my life when I have alot of things I don't really feel that great about!!

(Incidentally I have to give a shout out to C. as well, as he is really making great strides at the gym too. I'm proud of him for staying dedicated to it, and to getting healthier. WAY TO GO BABE!!)

Oh, and by the way, I'm up to 17 minutes on the Eliptical machine (in one weeks progress!!!)
How's that for perserverence!!!?

1 comments:

Ariella said...

WOW That is great! 10 pounds in two months AND two dress sizes!! You deserve more than a huge pat on the back you deserve an award. I am so proud of you! Keep up the good work and I hope you feel beautiful in your new dress I am sure you do.