CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

So I'm not a Rockstar YET......





So my new guitar arrived mid week last week, and I'm so not a rock star like I thought I would be!! It is so hard learning to play the guitar, way harder than I ever thought it would be!!

Now let me start by saying that I've always been very musically inclined. Growing up I played the clarinet (I know---dorky! but I was like 9 years old) then I switched to Flute and played it from like 5th grade through 11th grade, and played the piccalo as well. I also learned how to play the saxaphone as well somewhere in the middle of all that. Plus my brother is a drummer, and I jumped behind his set whenever I got the chance growing up. So, based on all my music experience in the past, I feel I've got "music in my veins". Every instrument I've played, I've been able to pick it up, listen to songs and play them with ease by ear, without sheet music etc.

Well, this whole guitar thing is a whole other ball of wax entirely!! I feel so awkward and clumsy. I feel like my hands aren't big enough and that for the life of me I'll never be able to go from one cord to another without turning the guitar towards me to see the strings and frets!! I thought I'd pick it up, play a Dave Matthews song, and be able to start strumming along..... HAH!!!!! I can feel it deep down in me that I want to be able to strum right along, and that ain't happenin'. I hear a note in a song, I can duplicate in on the guitar and then when its time to find the next note, its like I'm lost in a forest and can't figure out what direction to go in!!

I know its only been a week,(and two days of that were mass panic because the guitar fell out of tune and I was crazed trying to tune it (I did get an electric tuner) and was having a hard time.

I am happy to report in now though that I have the A cord, the E cord and the G cord down, just don't ask me to go from one to the other smoothly, cause it ain't happening!! LOL. I even bought Guitars for Dummies and I still feel lost.

I'll get the hang of it, I know I will, its just taking ALOT more effort than I thought it would. Damn those talented rock stars for making it look so damn easy on tv and at live concerts!!

In IF news, I am in my 2WW, but because I know my body sucks ass, and toys with me and my emotions and never ever works like it is supposed to, I am in this 2WW with no hopes or anticipation(although I will say I am popping my Bromelain pills for the next 4 days juuuuust in case!! I'm actually really looking forward to AF coming as we'll be jumping back in with a medicated cycle (bravelle and ovidrel) and IUI when she gets here. (this will be IUI#2) so once that ball is rolling, I'm sure I'll be back to my neurotic cycling self!

So thats about all thats happening with me.
Back to the Rockstar dream...............................

0 comments: