CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 27, 2009

IUI#2 is set for Monday!

Well, it looks like this cycle has shaped up pretty well so far. I went back for another date with the Vag-cam (aka U/S) on Wednesday, and my follies were growing well still. I didn't get much number-wise besides the lead follie was at 13 mm and I had two more on the right Ovary that were right behind the 13 (of course, my lazy Leftie ovary follie pooped out), but I am thrilled to have 3 good growing follies on my Right!!!! Usually I just have one strong follie and the others fall behind, so hopefully we'll get lucky and a couple eggs will release, thus increasing our chances!

Since Monday, I have bumped up my Bravelle dose to 225 iu a night, and that seems to have helped as well. I have one more night to take the Bravelle tonight and will be done with that. This month I am using Novarel instead of Ovidrel, and here's where I get NERVOUS!!! Novarel has to be given IM in my butt...... which means I can't do it myself.......which means C. has to do it for me!! I'm freaking out!!! I can handle doing my own shots, its not a big deal at all to me. But C. is a tad bit skiddish about doing the shot in my butt, and its NOT a small needle by any means, and he had to give me a shot in my butt one other time, and it was not pretty, and I think I have a bit of anxiety about it all these years later. I think it wouldn't bother me as much, if C. didn't make faces when he thinks about having to do the shot. His eyes get real big, and he wipes his brow, and says "whew" and shakes his head. Not relieving my anxiety at all!!!
We'll get through it, just like we always do!

IUI #2 is scheduled for 9 am Monday Morning (I have to be there at 8 am with C's stuff). The only bummer I'm worried a bit about, is that my appt card says Dr. S (Dr.Z's partner), so I'm thinking its not going to be Dr. Z. doing my IUI. I really like Dr. Z and have never met Dr. S. Dr. Z was so gentle the last IUI, I barely knew he was doing anything and he has a great sense of humor and is pretty mellow, and that keeps me calm and comforted. Hopefully Dr. S. will be as gentle and as kind. I can't let this stress me out, it is what it is, and there isn't anything I can do to change it at this point. I'm sure everything will be fine with Dr. S.

Hopefully this will be our cycle and we'll be on our way to parenthood. (it seems I write this, or something similar every cycle), and it generally hasn't worked out the way we wanted, but its a new year and I'm hopeful that this will be it for us!

Stay tuned for my IUI update on Monday and then the crazy 2WW will begin!

5 comments:

Bluebird said...

Too funny reading about your DH - mine is the same way!! Everything's crossed that this is it for you, sweet girl - you so deserve it!

Tiffany said...

Yahoo, good luck on Monday!

stacey said...

GL on Monday! I hear you about DH needle anxiety. Even if it bothers them, they just need to suck it up:-)

Jessica White said...

Good luck! I hope this is it for you guys!

C said...

good luck!!