CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Bravelle.......the Mini-Series

ha ha ha.......
the title for this blog just popped into my head. Thats what this week has felt like already, a whirlwind of sorts. It almost feels as though I'm watching all this from the outside. Like I'm doing all of it, going through the motions, but watching it all happen. AF arrived Sunday, I called my RE Monday to confirm my med dosages, schedule labs and U/S all while I was at work, stressing and arranging to get my last box of bravelle shipped to me by Weds (after calling several mail order pharmacies to find out that 4 itsy bitsy little vials of Bravelle (enough for two days) would cost me $230, all out of pocket, (thanks shitty insurance!). Luckily for me, I found someone selling some leftover meds and managed to get my hands on a box of Bravelle for $75 plus $11 shipping. BIG BARGAIN for us. It really does seem that things are working out quite well so far as well as timing, and getting meds etc. Tuesday while again working, I got ahold of Freedom Pharmacy, faxed in my script for Ovidrel and arranged for that to come to me at work and made it through my day. Today while once again at work on the clinic floor, I sighed my first breath of relief when my Ovidrel arrived from Fed Ex. Then my second sigh of relief came when the Post office delivered my COD box of Bravelle, I opened it to be sure it was the real deal and paid for that. A whirlwind............ for certain.

Tonight was Bravelle shot number two! Last night my nerves were rattled, as your aware if you read yesterdays blog. Tonight, a piece of cake!!! My nerves were calm (probably because my husband was home which distracted me up until shot time. I breezed through drawing up my injection, no problems at all. Tonights target was to the right of my belly button (last night was the left side). Apparently the skin on the right side must be alot tougher, because I had a hard time getting the needle in. It went, but it didn't glide in like last nights did. And man does that stuff sting like mad........ and burn like my stomach is on fire afterwards. I'm not complaining by any means, since I believe this will be the month we get PG!!!

I do have a bruise from last nights injection, so I imagine I'll have a bruise tomorrow from tonights as well. I imagine by the end of it I'll have a circle of bruises around my belly button! Won't that be pretty!!! I don't know if its my imagination or what, but most of today I have these little noticable pains where my ovaries are, on both sides. Maybe its these big fancy meds waking my tired ass ovaries up and making them work!!! Speaking of tired, I think these meds are making me pooped! I was ready for bed at 8 pm but I'm fighting to stay up until atleast 9 or so.

I guess thats about all for now. Oh..... on the faith and prayer front, I spent about 30 minutes last night saying my entire rosary and offering up some prayers which included sucess for us this cycle, strength and improved health for my aunt who is now battling breast cancer (after beating an extreemly rare form of lymphoma on her brain and is now 100% lymphoma free) and of course I said some prayers for my TTTC nestie girls as well. It feels good to take some time to process my feelings and feel like I am once again connecting with my faith in God.

1 comments:

Jenny said...

Hey sis! Yay for a blog! I keep paging you on the nest and can never get a response from ya.

Hope all is well!