CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Live for Today

So I don't know if anyone watched Oprah today (and maybe it was a repeat, I don't know,as I usually don't watch her because the 8 million commercials drive me crazy), but today's episode was about people who have cancer and how they are choosing to live out their lives from the point they received the news about having cancer through whenever the end may be.

The first girl they showed was so inspirational. Her thought process was basically "We are all going to die someday, some sooner, some later".She stated "I think that life is just too sweet to be bitter. Once I was able to change my focus, desperation led to inspiration". When I heard her say that, I had a bit of a "lightbulb moment" if you will. I thought to myself, here is a women facing life threatening/ending Cancer and she has managed to dig down deep to find such enlightenment, and I'm walking around bitter about my inability to become PG. Atleast I have my health (well, besides my Infertility woes) and I am very fortunate to have a very close loving family and a great husband who loves me more than anything (and I love him just the same).

I thought to myself, when I consider the adversities that others are facing, are my problems really that bad?? When I think of it this way, in my mind I feel I shouldn't feel so slighted, like I have it worse than so many others. Can I immediately change my way of thinking? Probably not, but it is a goal I certainly can strive to move towards.

The past couple months, I've really changed my school of thought on alot of matters. Things I probably wouldn't have, had we not still been facing IF and the inability to have a lasting pregnancy.

The kindness of others around me over the last couple months has really shown me that there are ALOT of really good people out there and I've felt that since such kindness has been offered to me, that its my duty to repay that kindness to others as well. Thats how Karma works right? What goes around comes around.

I have so many wonderful girls I am forever thankful for and to, who out of the goodness of their own hearts have offered me help. Not only with support, but by offering me leftover meds that I would have been struggling terribly to afford had they not been so generous. For that kindness I am eternally grateful and feel so blessed to have been touched by their generosity.

So, in closing, my newest goal to work on will be trying to not be bitter about the cards IF has dealt me. I will remind myself daily to be thankful for all the blessings I DO have in my life. And of course, I will continue to keep my faith and hope alive for this cycle to be THE ONE!!

1 comments:

DC said...

I TiVo'd Oprah tpday and can't wait to watch this episode. I agree that acceptance is necessary, but soooo difficult. Sending you lots of hugs.